Official Nebraska Government Website
Licensing & Forms License Application Process License Issuance Process License Transfer Procedures License Renewal Education & Training Forms Business Entity Options for Self-Employed Brokers Professional Corporations & Professional Limited Liability Company Information Certifications of License History/Licensure Recognition Errors & Omissions (E&O) Insurance Information Fees Specialized Registrations


NREC values our active military service members and their spouses. We know the process of relocating can be overwhelming. In addition to the Nebraska Department of Veterans' Affairs site located at: which is available for all veterans, we have created this page as your one-stop shop for all the information about benefits we offer to veterans, service members and spouses applying for a license as a real estate professional in the State of Nebraska.

How to Apply for a License 

If you are a military service member, veteran or spouse, we have procedures in place to expedite and assist you in applying for a license with NREC.  

  1. Review the qualifications and requirements for Persons Moving to Nebraska Who Presently Hold a Real Estate License in Their Resident Jurisdiction.
  2. Complete an application for the type of license you currently have in your resident jurisdiction
  3. You must comply with the fingerprinting requirements.
  4. Fill out and submit the Supplemental License Issuance Form for Military Service Members and Military Spouses
  5. We will waive the license issuance fee if:
    1. servicemember is assigned to a permanent duty station in Nebraska AND
    2. The applicant is already duly licensed in another regulatory jurisdiction ; or
    3. you held this license in Nebraska within the last three years

Other Ways NREC Can Help Military Service Members and Military Spouses: 

  • Nebraska residents who enter military service and resume their Nebraska residence immediately upon separation from the military have not lost their Nebraska residency unless they have established legal residence elsewhere.
  • NREC may also be able to issue a license to licensees who have not renewed for up to three years after being called to active military service.  See Title 299-Chapter 1, Sec. 011 for further information.

Should you have any questions, please contact the Nebraska Real Estate Commission Office at (402) 471-2004 or email: